expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday 15 June 2012

Nice rack... our Rocky Mountain RC10 with front and rear panniers

It's taken us a while to get to this point, but we now have fixed both front and back panniers racks to our Rocky Mountain RC10s.


IMG_0200

We had to get a specific rack to fit our front fork as there is no hole and as the front fork is aluminium we have to be careful not to damage them. So when we pack we will aim to put the heavy bulkier items in the back and use these front panniers for lighter items and use to balance out the weight.


IMG_0202



We took them out for a spin (about 36 miles) I really noticed the extra weight and also how the bike handled differently. I had to use much lower gears to make it up the hill, however, I'm was more worried about the weight going downhill and not being able to control it. but it's amazing how quickly you get used to things.


The main thing I have to remember, however, is to really slow down over the bumps. We both have visions of something flying off when we're on a busy road - even thought these are pretty secured on.

These bags do fit a lot of stuff, but I have no idea how I will fit everything in these - but as I'm realising, whatever I pack I have to pull myself, so I think will be packing the lightest I have EVER packed in my life. 


We will be cycling the Pacific Coast from Vancouver to Tijuana over six weeks starting in August 2012 to raise money for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research. Please show your support by sponsoring us here, leaving a comment below and sharing our blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment